Thursday 26th April – Sunday 29th April 2018
An exclusive long weekend at Gibbs Farm & Kauri Cliffs
Gibb’s Farm is considered one of the world’s finest sculpture parks and yet is one of the hardest to access.
For those lucky enough to join us on this long weekend, you will enjoy a private tour of Gibb’s Farm on Friday 27th April. The opportunity to tour Gibbs Farm outside one of the 8 public open days held each year is an exceptionally rare privilege and an opportunity not to be missed.
The other major highlight, of course, is the occasion to stay at one of New Zealand’s most prestigious luxury lodges, Kauri Cliffs.
In addition to the world-class golf-course that attracts people from all over the world, this lodge is also famous for its understated elegance and fabulous food and wine offering.
On arrival at Kauri Cliffs, guests will be welcomed to their own private villa, with sweeping views across the South Pacific Ocean, with time to relax and reflect on the experience at Gibbs Farm, before pre-dinner drinks and canapes are served ahead of dinner.
Saturday morning, guests can choose a day of unlimited green fees, a spa experience or simply a walk around the stunning grounds and private beaches at Kauri Cliffs.
After lunch on Saturday, two guest speakers will present their views on the New Zealand art scene and how we fit in the broader global context – Sue Gardiner, Co-Director of the Chartwell Trust and Rhana Devenport, Director of Auckland Art Gallery.
Both women are leading figures in the New Zealand contemporary art scene, and we’re certain you will find their talks both inspiring and thought provoking.
Another highlight of this long weekend will be the five-course tasting menu served on Saturday evening.
Prepared by Kauri Cliffs and Relais & Chateaux Executive Chef Barry Frith, with wine matches by Greystone Wines, an award winning organic producer from the North Canterbury region.
Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity
Numbers are strictly limited, so do get in touch to register your interest today.
Price per person NZ$3,565 – based on double occupancy, inclusive of all costs, including local taxes:
- One nights’ accommodation at Sofitel Auckland in a Superior Room, including breakfast
- ‘Behind the scenes’ tour of leading Auckland art galleries Gow Langsford and Two Rooms
- Private tour of Gibbs Farm with picnic lunch
- Coach transport Auckland-Gibbs Farm- Kauri Cliffs. (Helicopter transfer upgrade option from Gibbs Farm available on request – additional fee applies)
- Two nights’ suite accommodation at The Lodge at Kauri Cliffs, including pre-dinner drinks and canapes, daily full breakfast and complimentary non-alcoholic minibar
- Presentations from special guests Rhana Devenport and Sue Gardiner
- Guests choice of a day of unlimited green fees OR a 50-minute spa treatment per person, per stay
- Gourmet dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, including wine pairing on Saturday night
- New Zealand Goods & Services Tax (GST) included
Contact us to secure your place today.